Saturday, May 12, 2012

Homemade Taco Seasoning -- Gluten-Free

I LOVE tacos, taco salad, enchiladas...well, anything along those lines (well, in reality I like most any type of food.  Except for water chestnuts.  Those things are just nasty!)  A lot of taco seasoning packets you buy at the store have fillers, preservatives, gluten, etc.  So I decided to make my own.  All you need are some spices and a container to store it in.



This is the BEST taco seasoning recipe EVER!!!  Feel free to tweak it to fit your tastes and your family.  If you like it saltier, add more salt!  If you're on a salt-free diet, leave the salt out!  If you don't like eating corn, feel free to leave the corn starch out.  If you like it spicy, add more cayenne.  Well, you get the point.  I always make at least triple the recipe at once, then I leave it stored in the cabinet until I need it.  Then I just use whatever amount I need.  

Here's the recipe:

1 Tbsp minced onions
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

Simply measure all the ingredients into a container with a lid...


Shake vigorously, and voila!!  Taco seasoning without all the junk!  Enjoy!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment