Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Quick Tip #5--Removing make-up

I rarely wear make-up.  There are several reasons for this, but if I'm being totally honest with myself (and you), it's mostly because I don't want to take the time to apply it.  I spend most of my days at home with the kids, which is fine with me.  I get out of the house mostly for church.  I get dressed while my wonderful Mr. Man feeds the kids breakfast.  They eat VERY quickly.  So I know that as I'm getting ready, I have 5 other little people waiting for my help to get them ready.  I think I'm doing pretty good to get my hair and teeth brushed, no less putting make-up on.

Still, there are those rare times when we're going to a wedding or some other fancy event, when I want to put a bit of make-up on.  In those rare instances, I typically wear eye-liner, eye shadow, and a touch of blush.  Hardly ever do I wear foundation or powder or mascara, but it has been known to happen.

One of the worst things about wearing make-up--especially around the eyes--is having to remove it later.  Mascara and eye-liners are made to be water-resistant, making it even harder to get off.  The market is full of different lotions, soaps, and ointments made to get make-up off.  These lotions, soaps, and ointments are typically full of all sorts of nasty chemicals that you really don't want to apply to your skin.  And they're expensive.

Well, I have an easy, cheap, healthy alternative for you, that you probably already have in your kitchen cabinet!  Oil!  Olive oil, safflower oil, sunflower oil, grapeseed oil...any of those healthy oils that you cook with or put on your salads.  Simply rub onto your face--especially around the eyes--and gently wipe the make-up off with a warm washcloth.  Even better is doing the oil-cleansing method as your regular method of cleaning your face.  My complexion is so nice and clear since starting this.  No more chemical-laden cleansers and lotions.

So do yourself a favor and get that make-up off quickly and easily.  And you're doing your skin a favor by moisturizing it naturally with no harmful chemicals.  It's a win-win! Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Awesome tip thanks! So sorry to hear your kiddos have been sick. Hope everyone gets tip top healthy super quick!

    ReplyDelete