Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I love my pets!

Ok, this is just a random post.  This time of year, there's a big emphasis on being thankful.  One of the things I'm thankful for is my pets.

I've always been an animal person.  I've had tons of different pets over the years:  dogs, cats, gerbils, a rabbit, guinea pigs, fish, hermit crabs, and more.

We currently have the best dog in the world.


He's super-protective (especially when I'm pregnant).  We had a solicitor stop here the other day, and he asked if I'd please let him get down the block before I opened the front door again, so that our dog wouldn't get out.  What a good boy!  He was a shelter mutt we got when he was 10 weeks old and has been a joy for the past 6 years.  

Our cat is another one-of-a-kind.


She came to us from Freecycle when she was 6-weeks-old.  She's now 1.5 years old and is spoiled rotten.

We also have a betta, several guppies, some tetras, and some kuhli loaches in our ever-growing fish tanks.  The whole family loves our fish, getting attached to each one.  Many people don't realize that each has its own personality.

This is the latest addition to our little family.


Dubbed "Itchy" by my 8-year-old daughter, this tarantula was found by my in-laws while they were on vacation.  They caught it and brought it home with them to show everybody, and we brought it home to make it part of our family!  We're not sure yet if it's a male or female (we'll know next time it molts), but we do know it's not fully matured yet.  If it's a female, we could have her with us for the next 30+ years! So we're hoping.  (If it's a male, we could have him for 10+ years).

Anyway, this is the current line-up of our menagerie.  I'm hoping to maybe get a sand boa for my birthday next year, and we'll be getting more fish in the immediate future.    We're all super-attached to our pets--yes, even the fish and spider.  They're all very loved and are truly a part of the family!

What pets do you have that you're thankful for?



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment