Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Superhero T-Shirt: Captain America

Lately, I've been making lots of T-Shirts with Star Wars characters.  My kids have been wanting me to branch off into superheroes.  One of my nephews has his ninth birthday coming up, so I thought there's no time like the present, right?

One of his favorites is Captain America.  As usual, I started with the sketch.


I then cut out all the individual pieces.  This one had a LOT of pieces, making this the most time-consuming design I've done yet.


Then I sewed everything together by hand.


He's not sewn down to the shirt yet--I'll do that today.  But I love how he turned out--especially his shield!!!!!

Who would you like to see on a t-shirt?




Pin It

3 comments:

  1. This shirt is really cute! Though Kyle will think he is too old to wear this shirt, I know he wants to see the Avengers movie next week. I think Captain America is one of his favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect timing with Avengers coming out!! This will be so cute on his shirt! Thanks for coming to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's awesome!!! I can't believe that it's cut out and soon to be sewn ~ it looked like you were freezer paper stencilling at first. Great sketch too! TFS!
    xo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete