Saturday, April 14, 2012

Star Wars T-Shirts: R2-D2

I've recently been working on Star Wars t-shirts for my family.  Today I finished R2-D2 for my 9-year-old daughter.  She picked a dark blue shirt to put it on.  I love how it turned out!


I made it the same way I did the Boba Fett shirt.   I started by free-handing a sketch of R2-D2.  I then traced and cut out the individual pieces that were on my sketch (sorry for the lousy picture quality below).


I then cut the individual pieces out of felt, glued them together, then hand-stitched around each one.  Finally, I top-stitched it to the shirt.  My daughter loves it!

I have a Princess Leia one in the works for my 5-year-old daughter.  Here's a sneak peak at the Yoda one I'm working on for my 4-year-old son.


These are so simple and so much fun!  I'm really, REALLY loving making them.  I can see me doing other characters, too.  One of my daughters is asking for Hello Kitty...

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment