Monday, January 16, 2012

Knitting, revisited

I had a friend ask me the other day how my knitting was coming along.  Let's just say...slowly.  It's easy to do, but I must admit that I sometimes get a little bit bored with it.  Part of that may be that I'm just doing straight knitting stitches, rather than switching it up with purling.  Or it might just be my crazy brain that's always thinking ahead to the next project.  After all, even when I'm doing a sewing project or hair clips, etc, I'm always ready to be done with it not long after I start it, just so that I can start my next idea.  That said, I'm still plugging along, determined to get this finished sooner, rather than later.  Here it is so far.


I know it's not perfect--far from it, actually--but I still figure it's not too bad for my first ever project.

I had the problem sometimes of my finished stitches slipping off the end of the needle when I set them down.   So I came up with the super-high-tech solution of putting a clothespin on the end of my needle.


I'm sure there's some more professional way of doing this in the knitting world, but for now, this works for me!

So, I'll keep right on knitting, until this is finished.  Meanwhile, my brain is planning the next project...
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment