Monday, October 10, 2011

Easy and Inexpensive Hair Clips

Ok, it simply doesn't get any easier than this.  Wal-Mart is now carrying all sorts of hair clip possibilities:  bows, feathers, etc.  I saw this one the other day, and my 8-year-old begged me to make a hair clip out of it.  She pointed out that it would be perfect for the Halloween season.  What can I say?  I'm a sucker for her begging, I'm a sucker for cute hair clips, and I'm a sucker for Halloween.  So it came home with us.


This one's big enough that I didn't even have to line the clip with a ribbon.  A bit of hot glue (or you can use two-sided tape), and you're good to go!

I know that WAHM's who make clippies hate the big stores getting into the clippie game.  I completely understand.  And if you have a specific outfit with certain colors that you want matched, or if you have a particular idea of what you want in mind, or you want something 100% unique to your daughter, a WAHM is definitely the way to go.

But for those of us who like making our own and don't make them for profit, I love being able to pick up cute things like this that are virtually ready-to-go.  I've even picked up a couple of corkers at Target, already on lined clips and ready to wear!


Headbands, too!  I bought this Halloween headband last year--I think it was at Wal-Mart.


Yes, I could have made all of these things myself, but for a couple of dollars, it was more worthwhile to buy them ready-to-go, or with minimal time needed.  

So if you like having really cute hair accessories on your girls--but don't want to spend a lot of time or money--and you don't mind that there may be a few thousand other girls out there with the same exact thing, start looking around the craft section of your local store.  You may be surprised by what you find there!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I'm totally pumped walmart is carying crafty stuff again! More places to feed my addiction hurray!

    ReplyDelete