Friday, July 6, 2012

Fabric Hair Bows--Fail and Win!!

I totally can't do any kind of clothing project for my girls without making matching hair clips.  So when I worked on lengthening their dresses recently, I of course had to put the fabric scraps left over to good use.

First I tried to make a fabric daffodil, as shown in the first tutorial here, at Crafti Staci.  Can you say FAIL?!?!?!?!?!  Mine totally didn't turn out good, unless I was trying to make a wilted, lopsided daffodil.  If that was the case, then I totally nailed it!  Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.


It took a lot of time and turned out horrible.

I had already cut all of my left over scraps into 4" squares to make the flowers above.  I guess I suffer from a horrible case of over-confidence.  After all, the tutorial didn't look too difficult.  I'm sure the tutorial isn't the problem here.  =)

Anyway, my options were now limited to the fact that I was running out of time and the fact that I only had 4" squares and a couple of long strips left.  So I decided to go way easy, pinked the edges of 4 of the squares and made accordion bows.


I glued these down onto ribbon-lined hair clips.  They took a total of about 2 minutes.  And that, my friends, is a total WIN!!!

Have you had any fails lately?

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done! Crazy how some projects take forever and don't turn out at all and others take no time at all and end of looking great! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see you again next week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete