Monday, June 11, 2012

White Chili -- Gluten-Free

So I know it's not exactly the chili time of year, but we actually had a cool couple of days a couple of weeks ago, so I made white chili.  White chili is so easy to make, and you can make it super-quickly or super-healthy, depending on how much time and effort you want to put into it.  =)

The original recipe is (I typically double all but the chicken):

1 can chicken broth
2 cans navy beans, drained
1 lb chicken, cooked
1 can diced green chiles
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp cumin

Heat on the stove.

(If you're making this gluten-free, be sure to use all gluten-free ingredients.)

This recipe is soooooooooo easy to switch up according to what you're doing.  If you used canned chicken, canned beans, and canned broth, you can easily whip up a batch of this in minutes.  I typically cook dry beans ahead of time and freeze them.  I've recently discovered the ease of making dry beans in the crock pot.  Sooooooooooooooo effortless!!


For the chicken broth, you can use canned, make your own from scratch, or use bouillon.  I often use Better than Bouillon when I'm in a time crunch.  Yum!


If you don't have the time to cook chicken, use a can of chicken or even shred meat off a rotisserie chicken.

No matter which method you use, the ending result is delicious!  I like to throw some colby jack cheese in my bowl.  Yummy!  I also like to eat corn bread on the side.

No matter what the weather, my family eats this up!  What have you been cooking lately?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment