Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Super Easy Fruit Dip

My mama makes the most delicious fruit dip.  You basically blend honey, cinnamon, and cream cheese into marshmallow fluff.  (I didn't say it was healthy, just that it was delicious.)  I can literally eat the stuff by the spoonful, though I don't recommend it.  It's especially good with bananas and cantaloupe.  I'm sure my kids would love it, but why would I want to take healthy, delicious fruits and dip them into something so unhealthy?  

Well, the other day while my kids were eating, I had an epiphany.  

I started with some vanilla yogurt.  (I typically make my own vanilla yogurt by adding honey and a splash of vanilla to plain yogurt.  Last week, the Dannon was on sale.  So I splurged.)


I spooned that into a bowl and added cinnamon.


Then you stir and serve!!  That's it!!  It's healthy AND delicious!!  My kids absolutely love it.  They've dipped strawberries, bananas, apples, blueberries (yes, this one was a bit messy), carrots, and my 2-year-old dipped her applesauce into it (don't even ask about the mess this made.  But she said it was good).  Enjoy!!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, good idea. My kids will gobble up anything if they think it's dip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, you DID say it was healthy and delicious! LOL!

    ReplyDelete