Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Another Hair Clip Gift

A friend of mine emailed me the other day.  She wanted to make some hair clippies for her daughter for Christmas but found herself running out of time.  So, I told her that I would make them for her, and in exchange she's giving me some venison!!  WOO HOO!!!!  I've been wanting my hubby to get us a deer, but he hasn't gone hunting.  So this is GREAT!!!

It worked out with good timing.  I'm officially on modified bed rest for preterm contractions (modified, because it's impossible for me to not get up when I have 5 other kids to take care of!), so this gave me a project to fill a couple of hours during which I wouldn't be getting much done, anyway.  She had no specific requests, so I tried to simply make a variety.

She did say that she really liked the ribbon flowers I've made in the past, so I made a couple of sets of those (you can see originals at the bottom of this post):



I loved the lace bows I made recently, so I made some of those (these look blue-and-black, but they're really purple-and-black):



I love double-layered bows, so I made one of those, as well as a bow from some leftover gift package ribbon I had:



And here are two other bows I made from fancy gift package ribbon, and wrapped with a feather boa:


I also made her a woven headband, which she can either wear by itself or with any of her clips clipped to it (again, the colors are a bit wonky.  It's black, pale pink, and lavender):


I hope you like them all, Vanessa and Lydia!  Merry Christmas!!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment