Friday, September 7, 2012

Homemade Chili Seasoning -- Gluten-Free!

We are now well into the "bers."  You know, SeptemBER, OctoBER, NovemBER, DecemBER.  This is by far my favorite time of year.  I LOVE autumn, I LOVE crisp, chilly weather, I LOVE curling up on the couch with a mug of hot coffee and a fleece blanket.

This time of year always makes me crave chili--even before it's cold out.  I went to make chili today and halfway through realized that I'm out of chili seasoning.  I have a cabinet full of dried spices, so I decided to make my own.  It turned out super yummy, so I thought I'd share.


Combine:

2 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes (less if you like it less spicy)
1 Tbsp dried, minced onion
1 Tbsp dried, minced garlic
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp dried parsley
2 tsp salt
1 tsp basil
1/4 tsp ground black pepper

(Make sure all of your spices are gluten-free, if necessary.)

Measure everything into a small container and shake to mix.


Add seasoning to your chili to taste.


Yum!  I can feel fall coming...

My favorite way to eat chili is on a baked potato, topped with cheese.  What's yours?




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment